Thursday, September 24, 2009

Teacher Web Reflection

#1) There are many ways that a teacher web could support my teaching. One example is when I am covering a certain topic in health, lets say smokings cigarettes and the risks it has along with it. I can stand in front of my class and tell them how bad it is for them, but if they go onto teacher web and take a look at the web resources that have to do with smoking they will be able to see statistics and images that they have not seen in class. When I become a teacher I want to be able to be accessible to my students. I want them to be able to communicate with me effectively. By having a teacher web they can check where I am during the day (my schedule) and find out when I am available to help them with their school work.
#2) Not only is teacher web beneficial to me as a teacher, but also to the students. I know not all students take advantage of practice quizzes, but I am going to strongly encourage my students to. It will help prepare them for my tests by seeing the lay out and the type of questions I will be asking. This may allow for some test anxiety to diminish. Another way teacher web may help them is with the interactive sites on web 2.0. These sites allow for feedback of information they put on the computer. A particular one on my web page deals with self esteem, which is a big issue among some high school students. This allows them to do a type of analysis on themselves and helps them look at areas they can work on in order to feel more confident with who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment